POS Forum
September 16, 2014, 12:24:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new POS Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Range of bracket torque (RBT) powerpoint program  (Read 3636 times)
ceydoc

« on: May 12, 2010, 01:14:40 AM »

Ceydoc started this...wonderful and now the standard in POS.  download the current version for the 4th post down...links...updated ppt and instructions

If anyone is interested I have made a powerpoint program that allows you to use the POS overlays from Dr. McGann. It's pretty simple but you need to know how to capture an image of a VTO in DCad from IPSoft . I use Screenhunter but any program will do. I have included the templates for the wire sizes as well as instructions. I hope it's helpful. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:30:21 PM by DMcGann » Logged
sphun
Instructors

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »

My BIG thank you!!!

God send for those that don't have photoshop or not familiar with photoshop!
Good, good, good tool!

Thank you!

Sphun.
bliaodds
Instructors

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:27 PM »

Thanks for sharing....

One thing I like to add: You can also use the Print Screen button on the keyboard to capture the screen. "Prt Scr". then open MS Word and  paste. It works really well too.

Can't take credit for this, Jeff Taylor told me about this.

Brian
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »

thanks Ceydoc,
   I know that my computer screen is the proportionate size for the templates, but some computer screens are NOT.   I am curious if screenhunter screenshot is then disproportionate to the templates on those computers? If NOT proportionate, you can try enlarging or shrinking the image 'picture-screenshot' by selecting and dragging the corners in or out.
   For me, this was very good addition and thank you for your creative work.  Suggestions:
1. you can change the 'hotkey' in the open screen of screenhunter to whatever you want (I have PrtSc selected), the second screen of screenhunter identifies the file folder you want the screenshot to go into, but not really necessary. After taking the screenshot, go to powerpoint and click 'paste' and the screenshot is there.
2. rotate the VTO, not the templates. once centered (place occlusal plane, drag one side of occlusal plane to rotate, confirm by moving one of templates to occlusal plane, further rotate vto image until both line up). adjust image until occlusal plane is flat. Now you can move the different bracket torques to the already rotated image.
3. once the screenshot vto image is rotated, you can select, copy, move to 18x25 or 21x25 slide (see below) and paste to these slides, allowing you to check the same image with all templates.
4. screenshot this image (upper incisor and lower incisor separately) in powerpoint, go to your IPsoft treatment plan, place cursor under incisor torque part of appliance specs and click 'paste' to position the image into the incisor torque appliance specs for that patient.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:41:30 PM by DMcGann » Logged
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

I like this BETTER than Adobe photoshop method, since ALL POS students must have MS office including powerpoint to support IPsoft. Nothing more to buy.
   I have included my updated powerpoint "all templates" for you to download, saving you from having to combine the 3 powerpoints....I will remove the instructions I put above!

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:40:39 PM by DMcGann » Logged
ceydoc

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »

Great addition to this simple program. Thank you Dr. McGann.
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »

I have enhanced the 'range of bracket torque powerpoint' instructions, the idea originally the creation of "Ceydoc" = Greg Ceyhan DDS
Glendale, AZ, in the POS phoenix #2 class. This method appears to be the best so far, since ALL IPsoft users must have Microsoft office and the process is easy to use (easier the second time, you will see why). I also included detailed instructions on using screenhunter software to obtain the needed screenshots. The RBT template powerpoint has been updated as well, with me leaving my last project so you don't have as much work leveling the occlusal plane and templates.  please download and use

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:39:09 PM by DMcGann » Logged
bliaodds
Instructors

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »

Don:

Thanks for refining this program....I had a hard time getting the roots to EXACTLY where they were suppose to be...
This helps out a lot..

Greg, thanks again for such a wonderful and easy program to use.

Brian
tsun1
Instructors

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »

Dear Dr McGann and dear all:

There is a much easier and faster way in powerpoint to rotate the vto's occlusal plane parallel to the horizontal:

If you click on the vto (or any pic), it will be outlined by 8 border points of which the central-top one is connected with a green point (handle).
If you put your mouse over this green point, you will get a circled arrow. Hold this arrow by left-click and move the handle, then you can see the pic rotate to any desired degrees.

Hope this hint helps you.

tsun1
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:44 PM »

Tsun1, Hey that is EASY...THANKS. Instructions have been updated.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:41:17 PM by DMcGann » Logged
sphun
Instructors

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »

Wow! Father Christmas really come early this year!
Big thank you.

Sphun
anandhi
Instructors

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

Hi,
I loved the templete.I am not that great with computers.I had trouble seeing the template on top of the VTO.I finally figures out that if we right click and then choose stay on top then template stays on top.Now I see it is easy.
I had one more question though, if we copy on to the treatment plan ,it doesn,t paste.Is there a way to copy and paste? Huh

Dr Anandhi Djegaradjane
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »

Once you have something you want from powerpoint RBT template to be transferred not patient Tx plan, use a screenshot of what you want to show, then paste directly to tx plan. 
   Screenhunter is what I use.  Make the screenshot, then go to tx plan, place cursor where you want it, thick the 'paste' icon or right click+paste.
DMcGann
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »

couple of things need to be added to this discussion:
1. This ppt program will be the STANDARD of POS RBT templates starting at the 2011 update seminar where I will NOT be using the clear acetates in the classroom exercises, so get it and get used to it!!  Students are doing the work with my direction.

2. Depending on your powerpoint version, the 'fine tuning' of moving templates slightly is different.
    a) earlier than 2003 ppt...forget it. you cannot easily rotate the image
    b) 2003 ppt: wonderful.  right click on image (dental vto) and rotate from tip middle 'green' dot. fine tuning is wonderful, right click, format image, position, move up and down or side to size by 0.01, and PREVIEW until you like it, then OK.
    c) 2007 ppt:  good, but when you fine tune, right click, size and position.  can move up/down by changing numbers, BUT NO PREVIEW button...to do it again you have to right click and change numbers.  annoying. Gerhard seeing why no preview button.
    d) 2010 ppt...not sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: